Recipe Name – Nihari Masala
Introduction – This homemade nihari masala recipe is the best, authentic nihari masala made using 21 types of different spices. Try this recipe once and you will never look for packed nihari masala.
What all do we need?
Sufficient for 3 kg meat
- Sabut sooka daniya (Coriander seeds) – 4 tablespoon
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) 2 tablespoon
- Kali mirch ke daane (black pepper corns) – 1 teaspoon
- Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) – 15
- Long (clove) – 20
- Kali elaichi (Black cardamom) – 2
- Haldi powder (Turmeric powder) – ½ tablespoon
- Tez patta (bay leaf) – 10-12
- Dal chini (cinnamon stick) – 3 (1 inch each)
- Chakri phool (star anise) – 3-4
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tablespoon
- Jaiphal (nutmeg) – ½ piece
- Javitri (mace) – 7-8 gms
- Pipli (long pepper) – 4
- Sonth (Dried ginger) – 15 gm
- Lal sabut sookhi mirch (dried red chilli) – 20 gm
- Gol kachri (dried cucumis pubescens) or dried papaya (substitute) – 10 piece
- Kashmiri mirch powder (red chili powder) – 2 tablespoon
- Daniya powder (Coriander powder) – 2 tablespoon
- Ajwaine (carom seeds) – 1 tablespoon
- Shahi zeera (Black cumin seeds) – 1 tablespoon
- Kalonji (nigella seeds) – 1 tablespoon
- Grind all whole spices in the mixer grinder to make fine powder.
- Now mix powered spices (coriander powder/Red chili powder & turmeric powder) in the spice mix.
- Nihari masala is ready. Store this masala in the air tight container.
- 60-70 gm nihari masala is sufficient for 1 to 1 & ½ kg meat.
- It is recommended to make fresh nihari masala always in order to get best taste & aroma of Nihari.
Click on the link below for Authentic Mutton Nihari recipe: