Recipe Name – Crispy Caramel Bread Popcorn
Crispy bread popcorns are kid’s all-time favorite and it is super easy and quick to make. Not only kids but everyone enjoys these caramelized popcorn.
You should try this recipe on my recommendation. So, let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- Bread slices – 2
- Sugar – 4 tablespoon
- Water - 2-3 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Milk – 5 tablespoon
- Cut the bread slices in small squares and dry toast them in kadhai (cooking pan).
- Once toasted nicely on both slides, remove from the heat.
- In the pan, caramelize sugar with 2-3 tablespoon of water on low heat. Swirl the pan and do not use spoon when sugar is caramelizing.
- Once sugar starts to change color, add butter and let butter melt.
- After butter is completely melted, add Luke warm milk and mix everything well. You may notice sugar getting crystallized but do not worry same will get dissolved in the caramel sauce.
- Keep on stirring the caramel sauce on low heat till it thickens up and changes color to nice golden brown.
- Once caramel sauce is ready, switch off the flame and add toasted bread pieces and coat them nicely in caramel sauce.
- Now take out the caramelized bread popcorn in the tray lined with parchment or butter paper and separate then using spoons.
- Let these popcorns get cool down for 10-15 min before serving.
- Crispy caramel bread popcorns are ready to be enjoyed with milk, tea or coffee.