Recipe Name – Cheesy bread parcels
As we all say, breakfast the most important meal of the day. And if this days is Sunday, it becomes all the more important to make it special for your family. I only get weekends to prepare special breakfast due to my work schedule but whenever I do, I try and make it “The best Breakfast”.
This recipe is easy to prepare and would win all hearts for you. Let’s get started friends….
What all do you need?
- Cheese – Mozzarella
- Boiled Potato – 5 to 6 medium size
- Capsicum (Green/red/yellow ) – 1 each medium size
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Pasta/pizza sauce
- Schezwan sauce
- Tomato ketchup
- Chili sauce
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per your taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies – if you like little bit of spicy
- Oil – to fry the parcels
- 2 eggs – for egg wash
Parcel filling -
- Mix graded cheese and mashed boiled potatoes together.
- Mix finely chopped onions and capsicums into the mixture
- Add ketchup, chili, schezwan sauce & lemon juice into this mixture and mix well. You can use these sauces as per your taste preference.
- Now add salt and black pepper powder and finely chopped green chilies & mix well.
- Your filling is ready.
Time to make Parcels –
- Cut the hard corner of bread using a knife or scissor. One bread makes one parcel.
- Now flatten this bread like chapatti using a rolling pin. This is your parcel cover.
- Now apply some pasta/pizza sauce on the bread piece leaving half a centimeter border for applying water for sealing the parcels.
- Now fill potato & cheese mixture, apply water on the border and seal the parcel in the rectangular shape.
- After making enough parcels, heat an oil in the frying pan.
- Give parcel an egg wash and then coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Start frying on low heat first and then increase the heat till parcels are golden brown. Crispy outside and well-cooked inside.
- Serve these parcels hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- And don’t forget to accompany them with good tea/coffee.
- Instead of mixing pasta/pizza sauce with the mixture, you can also spread it on bread slice before filling the mixture. Just like pizza.
- You can also use a mix of mozzarella, cheddar or processed cheese for more gooeyness. You can even use paneer (cottage cheese) in the mixture.
- If you want to make big parcels, use sandwich bread instead.
- If you are allergic to egg or a vegetarian, use butter milk or corn flour mixed water instead of giving parcels an egg wash. The aim is to get the proper binding.
- You can increase or decrease cheese and potato portions as per your liking.
- In case you are hardcore non vegetarian, use cooked chicken or mutton keema (grounded meat) as a filling with cheese.
- This recipe is very flexible in terms of experiments, so feel free to do so and share your experience with me. Would love to hear from you.