Recipe Name – Cheesy creamy ~ Potato Gratin
Introduction – Potato gratin a French recipe and served as a side dish in holidays. This rich cheesy creamy recipe is so flavorful that you can have it as a main dish. Let’s learn how to make potato gratin.
What all do we need?
- 8-10 medium size potatoes
- 100 gm mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 250-300 ml full fat milk
- 80-100 ml amul cream
- 2-3 tablespoon refined flour
- 20-30 gm salted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kasuri methi
- 2-3 garlic pods
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Slice clean and peeled potatoes like chips using food processor or hand slicer or knife. Keep them in water to avoid chips getting dark.
- Take 6x6 inch baking tray, rub garlic and butter inside. And start placing potato chips in the tray.
- After each layer, sprinkle salt and black pepper powder.
- After you finish stacking all chips in the tray, it’s time to make white sauce.
- Take a pan on gas, heat butter and mix refined flour in the hot melted butter, mix well for 3-4 minutes and then add milk and cream.
- Mix everything well to ensure no lumps. Keep gas on medium low flame and mix kasuri methi, salt, black pepper and minced garlic in the white sauce and mix.
- Once the sauce is done, switch off the gas and pour this white sauce on top of stacked potato chips.
- Tap the tray and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Pre heat your microwave oven on 200 degree Celsius and bake potato gratin on 200 degree Celsius for 45 min to 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take out the tray and spread mozzarella cheese on top,sprinkle salt and again bake on 200 degree Celsius (without cover) for 10-15 min or till the time you see cheese is nicely done.
- Potato gratin is ready to be served.