Recipe Name – Chicken Chapli Kebabs
Introduction – Chapli kebabs are from Peshawar Pakistan and originally made using beef or minced mutton. Today, I am sharing chicken version of chapli kebabs which are quick and super easy to make. So let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- 500 gm minced chicken
- 60 gm chopped spring onion
- 130 gm chopped tomatoes
- 120 gm chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green coriander
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 3-4 green chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sattu (roasted gram flour) – Optional
- Oil to fry
- Mix chopped spring onion, tomatoes, onion, green coriander, mint leaves, green chilies, ginger garlic paste in the minced chicken.
- Now add all spices including salt and give it a good mix so that everything is well incorporated in the minced chicken.
- Lastly add beaten egg and again mix mix mix.
- If you feel that mixture is little loose, you may add little bit of Sattu but not too much. But if mixture is ok and you can easily make kebabs, do not add sattu.
- Use little oil on your hands and make flat patties of the chicken mixture.
- Now heat the oil in the pan (oil should be medium high) and careful place chapali kebabs in the oil to fry.
- Initially, keep the flame on low for kebabs to get cooked properly and then increase it to medium.
- Once your kebabs are done, take them on kitchen towel for excess oil to soak.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
- Egg works like a binding agent so if you are allergic to egg, you can use corn flour, gram flour or roasted gram flour. But do not use too much else the kebabs will become hard and chewy.
- You can also make chapli kebabs using minced beef or mutton.
- First fry small patty and taste salt, you can accordingly adjust salt in the chapli kebab mixture.
- Initially fry kebabs on low heat and then increase the heat to medium. This will ensure that kebabs are fried properly.