Recipe Name – Chicken Manchurian
Introduction – Chicken Manchurian is an indo-Chinese starter recipe which is very popular in India. This crispy, sweet & sour chicken recipe is easy to make and just yum in taste. So let’s learn to make chicken Manchurian today.
What all do we need?
- 300 gm boneless chicken (bite size pieces)
- 100-150 gm red/yellow & green bell pepper (cut into small square)
- 50 gm onion (cut into small square)
- 30 gm thinly sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 egg white
- 1 & ½ soy sauce
- 5 gm minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Add 1 & ½ tablespoon of corn starch, salt and egg white with chicken pieces and mix well. Chicken should be coated well.
- Heat ½ cup oil in the cooking pan (kadhai) and fry chicken pieces on medium high heat till crispy & golden brown in color. Take out on kitchen towel to remove access oil.
- Now mix honey, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic and pepper powder in the bowl to make a sauce mix.
- Add ½ cup water in the 1 & ½ tablespoon corn starch to make corn starch slurry (corn starch water).
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a cooking pan or wok pan and then add onion, bell pepper and carrots to saute on high heat.
- Add sauce mix , corn starch water (slurry) & salt in the sauted vegetables, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add fried chicken pieces and mix well. Each chicken piece should get coated in the sauce. Saute for 1-2 minute on high heat.
- Crispy, sweet & sour chicken Manchurian is ready. Serve hot.