Recipe Name – “eggless” caramel pudding
Introduction – Caramel pudding is a dessert and its origin is Spain & France. In the original recipe, we add eggs in the milk and bake the pudding.
However, I tried an eggless & non bake version of this recipe and trust me it is ridiculously simple to achieve even if you are making it for the first time.
You must try this recipe and add one more feather in your cap.
What all do you need?
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Cream – 100 ml (I have used Amul fresh cream, you can use cooking cream as well)
- Milk – 400 ml
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon (you can increase to 4-5 tbspn as per your taste, I like my dessert less sweet)
- Vanilla essence – ½ tablespoon
- Agar agar powder – 8 gm (it is veg gelatin, used to set the pudding. You can order online)
- Boil milk, cream and sugar together. Once it starts boiling, add agar agar powder & vanilla essence and whisk well so that agar agar is mixed well.
- Now keep this aside and work on making caramel.
- Take sugar in the pan and keep it on low flame. As soon as sugar starts to caramelize, swirl the pan to evenly caramelize the sugar.
- Keep an eye on caramel because we don’t want our caramel to burn and become bitter. It should be nicely golden in color.
- Once caramel is ready, pour it in the mold you are using. Don’t forget to grease the mold lightly with butter or oil for easy demolding. I prefer small bowl so that you can demold only when serving.
- Now pour pudding mixture on top of caramel. I would suggest to strain the pudding mixture while pouring in the bowl. This will ensure that pudding mixture is smooth with no bubbles.
- Keep these bowls in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to set.
- While demolding pudding from the bowl, press the pudding sides slightly and keep the plate on top to invert pudding on it.
- And here your beautiful caramel pudding is ready to be served.
- Whisking agar agar powder properly is very important as this is our setting agent for the pudding. If not mixed well, pudding my not set properly and fall apart.
- If you finding it difficult to demold the pudding, keep the bowl in the hot water for 1-2 min for caramel to loosen up and it will come out easily. But do not keep it for too long else caramel will become too loose to handle.
- If you like your pudding sweet, you can increase the quantity of sugar as per your taste. But do not overdo it as sugar caramel is there as well to balance the sweetness.
- Do strain your pudding mixture while pouring it in the bowl. This step will ensure smooth and creamy pudding texture.
- Agar agar powder is easily available in the market & you can also order it online.