Recipe Name – Eggless Jam Cookies
Thumbprint cookies are from Sweden and known as “Hallongrotta” in Swedish language which means Raspberry cave. These delicious cookies are everybody’s favorite and very easy to make. So, let’s learn to make these lovely cookies.
What all do we need?
- 200 gm unsalted butter
- 60 gm icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 280 gm refined flour
- ½ cup jam of your choice
For glazing (optional):
- 60 gm icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Cream butter (room temperature), icing sugar, salt and vanilla essence together till creamy, light & fluffy. Ensure to sieve icing sugar before mixing in the butter to void lumps formation.
- Now sieve refined flour in the butter & icing sugar mixture and form a dough.
- Grease and line the baling tray using butter & parchment paper.
- Using tablespoon divide the dough in equal parts and make small balls. Lightly press the cookie ball using flat surface of serving bowl or glass. You can dust the flat surface of glass or serving bowl using caster sugar to avoid sticking.
- Arrange cookies in the baking tray giving some space in between.
- Now create impression using thumb or teaspoon or wooden stick (the one I have used) to make equal size indentation in the cookies for filling the jam.
- Whisk the jam to create pourable consistency and then using a teaspoon pour little jam in the impression created in the cookies.
- Preheat your oven on 180 degree Celsius and bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool down for 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
- After cookies are completely cool, we can glaze them using icing sugar though this step is optional.
- For glazing, mix 1-2 tablespoon of water in the icing sugar to create pourable consistency glaze. Glaze cookies using spoon on piping bag.
- Let gaze set for 15-20 minutes, post which you can store jam cookies in the airtight container on room temperature.
- Serve & enjoy jam cookies with tea/coffee.
Can you.freeze the cookies? If so how long can you freeze them for?
Yes you can after they r completely cooled down. Use parchment paper and you can freeze up to 3-4 weeks.