Recipe Name – Eggless Lamington Cake
Lamington cake is an Australian cake in which soft cake sponge is dipped into chocolate ganache and then coated with desiccated coconut. This lovely cake recipe is truly delicious. So, let’s learn to make this cake today.
What all do we need?
- 100 gm unsalted butter
- 200 gm condense milk
- 1 & ¼ cup refined flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 240 gm milk or dark chocolate compound
- 270 gm heavy whipping cream
- 100 gm desiccated coconut
- Prepare your cake tin. Grease and line with parchment paper. I have use 7x7 inch square cake tin, you can use 8 inch cake tin as well.
- Beat room temperature butter & condense milk for 1 minute on medium speed using hand mixer.
- Sift dry ingredient together to remove lumps if any (refined flour/icing sugar/baking powder & baking soda).
- Add sifted dry ingredients in the butter & condense milk mixture and fold using spatula.
- Now add warm milk and vanilla essence and again mix using spatula. At last use whisker to smooth out the batter consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoon of hot water and whisk to further smooth out the batter consistency.
- Pour the cake batter in the cake tin.
- Preheat your oven on 150 degree Celsius.
- Bake your cake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 min on 150 degree Celsius.
- Take out the cake tin from oven, let it cool down for 15 minute before demolding the cake.
- After demolding, let the cake cool down completely. I kept it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now it’s time to make chocolate ganache.
- Heat the whipping cream till it starts to boil. Remove from the heat and pour on top of chopped chocolate, cover and let the chocolate melt on its own.
- Cut the cake in the square pieces.
- Whisk chocolate ganache to make it smooth.
- Dip each cake piece in the chocolate ganache and then coat it in the desiccated coconut.
- Keep the coated cake piece on the tray lined with parchment paper.
- Follow the same step for all cake pieces.
- Your lovely eggless lamington cake is ready. Keep in refrigerator, stored in air tight container.
- Serve it in breakfast or have it with tea/coffee.