Recipe Name – Eggless Moist Banana bread with Choco chips & Berries
This super moist banana bread with chocolate chips & berries will become your favorite in no time as this recipe is a winner for sure. Loaded with chocolate chips and berries, this moist eggless banana bread is my personal favorite. So without any further delay, let’s learn to bake this beauty today.
What all do we need?
- Flaxseed powder 2 tablespoon
- Ripe banana 4
- Light brown sugar 150 gm
- Oil or unsalted butter ½ cup or 115 gm
- Curd 80 gm
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Refined flour 250 gm
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Chocolate chips 135 gm
- Berries mix 150 gm
- Bread loaf tin 9X4
- First of all, prepare your loaf tin. Grease and line with parchment paper. Do keep some parchment paper out of tin so that you can easily pull out your banana bread. Loosely cover side of the tin with aluminum foil so that sides don’t get too. Also make cover with holes for loaf top which will be used after 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven on 175 degree Celsius.
- Mix flax seed powder with 6 tablespoon of water and mix well and keep aside.
- Mash peeled bananas and add oil or butter & sugar and beat on medium speed for 3 minute.
- Now add curd, flax seed paste and vanilla essence and beat again for another 1 minute on medium speed.
- Sift refined flour, baking soda and salt separately and add in batches in the wet ingredients. Do not use electric beater at this point. Use spatula to fold dry ingredients in the wet ingredients.
- Once all flour is added and there are no air pockets in the batter, it’s time to add Choco chips & berries in the batter.
- With gentle hand fold Choco chips and berries in the batter and ensure they are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Now pour the batter into the tin, level and sprinkle some berries and Choco-chips on top.
- Now bake your banana bread in the preheated oven for 1 hours 45 minutes on 175 degree Celsius.
- After 45 minutes to 1 hour, cover loaf top with aluminum foil with small holes to avoid dark top of the banana bread.
- Do check your banana bread by inserting the tooth pick. If tooth pick is coming clean, bread is done else it may need little more baking. Do read tip and tricks section for some important tips..
- Once the banana bread is baked to the perfection, let it cool down completely before demolding.
- Once completely cooled, demold banana bread and cut to serve.
- Banana bread can be stored in the freeze for up to 10 days and can also be deep freeze for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy this super moist banana bread with tea/coffee or milk.
Tips & tricks:
- Ensure to cover loaf tin with aluminum foil cover with holes after 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will ensure that banana bread top is not too dark.
- I have used conventional oven for baking this bread, if you are using microwave convection mode, it may take 10-15 minutes less due to fan forced heat in the microwave.
- It is very important to keep on checking your cake or bread while baking by inserting the tooth pick to check if it is done or not. If tooth pick comes out clean, bread is done else it may need little more baking.
- Instead of packed berry mix, you can also use fresh berries, chopped walnuts or chopped dates.