Recipe Name –“Eggless” Moist chocolate cake with Chocolate ganache frosting
Introduction – Who does not like moist chocolate cake? And if this cake is topped up with glossy chocolate ganache, it just becomes mouthwatering. Let’s learn how to achieve this recipe to the perfection.
What all do you need?
For Cake Batter ~
- Plain flour (maida) – 120 gm
- Unsweetened Coco Powder – 3 tablespoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Condensed milk – 150 gm
- Unsalted butter – 80 gm
- Caster sugar – 60 gm
- Milk – 100 ml
- 8 inch baking tin
- Microwave oven
For Chocolate Ganache ~
- Dark Chocolate – 450 gm
- Heavy cream – 300 ml
- Butter – 50 gm
Prepare Cake Batter ~
- First of all, make your cake tin ready. Grease the tin with butter and line the side and bottom with parchment paper.
- <Dry Ingredients> Take a large bowl and first sift all dry ingredients (flour/Coco powder/baking soda/baking power). Sifting is important so that there are no lumps.
- <Wet ingredients> Now beat caster sugar, Condensed milk, 80 gm of butter & milk using an electric beater for maximum 1 min. Ensure it is smooth but do not over beat it.
- Mix dry ingredients in two batches in the wet ingredients and fold using spatula. User electric beater for 10-15 seconds if required.
- Now transfer your cake batter in the cake tin. Ensure to level your cake mix evenly using spatula or spoon with light hands.
- Pre-heat your oven on 180 degree Celsius. And once pre-heating is done, put your cake inside the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check your cake by inserting a tooth pick or knife if it’s done. If tooth pick comes out clean, you are home J
- Let your cake cool down before removing it from the tin.
- After cake is cooled completely, we will use chocolate ganache for frosting.
Prepare Chocolate Ganache ~
- Heat heavy cream & butter together, do not boil it. Just make it hot.
- Now mix hot cream & butter on top chopped dark chocolate and let chocolate melt for 10-15 min.
- After chocolate is melted completely, put this mix in the freeze so that consistency of ganache is like Nutella.
Final Step ~ for frosting your cake
- After cake is cooled completely, cut your cake horizontally in two pieces using a sharp knife.
- Pour sugar syrup on the cake to make it moist. You can skip this step if required. Add water with sugar for making sugar syrup.
- Apply ganache on cake piece and put another piece on top of it (upside down). And frost your cake from top and sides using chocolate ganache.
- You can Sprinkle chopped almonds or sprinklers on top of your cake for decoration.
Cake is now ready to eat. You can keep this cake in the freeze and microwave it for 10-15 seconds before eating. Heating gives that warm, moist gooey taste texture this cake.
- Overbeating the mixture can cause dome in the middle of your cake as beating creates too much air in the cake, so avoid that.
- Always line your tin before starting to mix cake batter or use silicon mold.
- Pre-heating the oven is important as it gives desired temperature to cake when it is ready to go inside the oven.
- Don’t use high temperature to fasten up the baking. Desired temperature will ensure cake is baked to the perfection without getting burnt outside yet soggy inside.
- You can use normal salted butter if unsalted butter is not available.
- While frosting if ganache is melting, keep your cake & ganache in freeze for 30-45 min and restart the frosting.
- While baking check your cake after sometime by inserting a tooth pick to check if it’s done. If tooth pick comes out clean, your cake is done.