Recipe Name – Eggless Moist Christmas Fruit Cake
Christmas fruit cake is Christmas delicacy and traditionally made using eggs and alcohol like rum, brandy etc. But in this recipe, I will share eggless, no alcohol version of moist fruit cake which is super delicious and no less than traditional Christmas rum cake.
I also have authentic Christmas cake recipe on my channel, incase you are interested, do check out the link below.
⇒ Authentic Christmas Rum Cake Video Link: https://youtu.be/VMAO4JXnB7w
⇒ Authentic Christmas Rum Cake Written Recipe Link: http://www.saltandsugar.in/christmas-cake/
What all do we need?
- 200 gm Refined Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cloves powder
- 300 gm mixed chopped fruits (tutti fruity/almonds/candied peels/preserved fruit/dates/ etc)
- 115 gm unsalted butter
- 150 gm light brown sugar
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 9X5X3 inch loaf tin or 9 inch cake tin
- Sift refined flour, salt, baking soda and grounded spices to ensure there are no lumps.
- Mix chopped fruits in the dry ingredient and coat them well. This step will stop sinking of fruits to the bottom of the cake.
- Beat melted but cold butter with sugar & vanilla essence till light and fluffy. Then add room temperature buttermilk and mix well. Do not worry if wet mixture curdles, it will be ok moment you will add it with dry ingredients.
- Now add wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven on 180 degree.
- Prepare your (9X5X3 inch) loaf tin or 9 inch cake tin. Grease the cake pan with butter and line with parchment or butter paper.
- Pour the cake batter in the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
- After 40 min, insert tooth pick in the cake to check if it is done or not. If tooth pick comes out clean, cake is baked. Sides of cake will also leave the cake tin once the cake is baked to the perfection.
- Take out the cake from oven and let it cool down for 15-20 minutes before demolding.
- After demolding, let the cake cool down completely and then cover the cake with parchment paper to store on room temperature or you can slice the cake and store it in the air tight container on room temperature. You can even deep freeze this cake for months. On room temperature, shelf life of this cake is approx. 2-3 weeks.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can also make buttermilk at home. Just warm 240 ml milk and add 1 tablespoon vinegar in it and let it sit for 10 minutes. Buttermilk is ready.
- Always chop your fruits as this helps cake to be uniformed and also help cut clean pieces.
- You can use variety of fruits available like dried fruits, dried figs, dates, preserved fruits, dry fruits like almond, cashew nuts, pistachios, tutti frutti, cranberry, raisins etc