Recipe Name – “Eggless” Sweet bread
Introduction – “Eggless” sweet bread is very simple and humble recipe. This bread is perfect companion of breakfast or evening tea. Not only kids but adults too like this bread very much. So let’s learn how to make it to the perfection.
What all do we need?
- 400 gm refined flour
- 250 ml water
- 5 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon custard powder
- ½ cup tutti frutti
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 7 gm dry active yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 inch loaf tin
- First of all activate yeast. For activating yeast, warm up water (250 ml) and mix 1 tablespoon sugar & yeast in it.
- Keep this mixture on warm place for 5 minutes. This will allow yeast to activate and you will see froth coming on top of this mixture after 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl, sift refined flour, sugar, custard powder and salt and mixture all dry ingredients well.
- Now add oil and yeast mixture in the dry ingredient and knead it for 8-10 minutes.
- Initially dough will be sticky but after continuous kneading, dough will become smooth. This step is very important to form gluten in the dough so do not compromise with the kneading part.
- After kneading the dough, oil the bowl and coat your dough in the oil. Cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and keep it in the warm place for 1st This will take approx. 1 hour and dough will become double in size after 1st proofing.
- After an hour you will see dough will be double in size. Punch it down and knead on kitchen top for another 2-3 minutes to remove all the air created.
- Now roll your dough and add tutti frutti in the dough and knead again to ensure tutti frutti is incorporated well in the dough.
- Again roll your dough and start giving it shape of the bread. Tuck it well as this will ensure nice shape of bread.
- Now place your dough in the lined loaf tin, brush some oil on top and cover it with plastic wrap for 2nd 2nd proofing will also take approx. 45 min to 1 hour.
- Preheat your microwave oven on 200 degree Celsius.
- After 2nd proofing, you will see dough has again risen. Remove plastic wrap carefully, brush some oil on top and keep your bread to bake in the preheated oven for 35 min on 200 degree Celsius.
- After 15 min cover bread top with aluminum foil to avoid too much browning and hardness.
- Approximately after 35-40 min your bread will be ready. Let it cool down completely before slicing.
- Here your sweet bread is ready to be served. You can store your bread in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Kneading your dough is very important to ensure that your bread is soft and fluffy.
- Do not use hot water for activating yeast. It should be warm to ensure yeast is activated properly.
- Prepare aluminum foil cover with small holes to cover top of the bread after 15 minutes of baking. This will help in avoiding hard and too dark bread top due to direct heat.
- Lining your loaf tin in very important so do prepare it with oil and some parchment paper before placing your dough in it.
- Store your bread covered in the plastic wrap or polythene. This will keep your bread soft.
- You can store your bread in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- You can enjoy sweet bread with butter or jam.