Recipe Name – Eggless vanilla cup cakes with buttercream icing
Introduction – Beautiful cupcakes are loved by every age group, so here I am sharing easy to make eggless vanilla cupcakes recipe with silky buttercream icing.
What all do we need?
- 170 gm refined flour
- 65 gm corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 220 gm granulated sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 150 gm unsalted butter
- 300 gm icing (confectionery) sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- In the Luke warm milk, add vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes for milk to go sour.
- Now beat sour milk, sugar, oil & vanilla essence together till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Mix dry ingredients refined flour, corn flour, baking powder & baking soda together and then sieve to ensure no lumps.
- Now mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients with 2 tablespoon of hot water and beat together to have smooth batter. Do not over beat, just beat to mix everything well with no lumps.
- Preheat the oven on 170 degree Celsius.
- Line cupcake molds with cupcake lining and pour the batter till 2/3 filled.
- Bake your cupcakes for 10-15 minutes on 170 degree Celsius in the preheated oven. After 10 minutes insert tooth pick in the cup cake and if it comes out clean, it means they are done.
- Cupcakes are ready, let them cool down completely before icing.
- For making buttercream icing, sieve icing sugar to remove all lump.
- Now mix icing sugar 1 spoon at a time in the room temperature butter and beat together till mixed well.
- Add 1 -2 tablespoon of milk to get smooth & soft consistency of buttercream.
- Mix color in the buttercream if you want colorful icing.
- Fill buttercream in the piping bag with preferred nozzle or (even without nozzle) to do cupcake icing. (Check out my recipe video)
- Decorate your cupcakes with buttercream icing, sprinkle some sprinklers and your beautiful, soft yummy cupcakes are ready.
- Sour milk reacts with baking soda to give soft fluffy cupcakes. Instead of sour milk, you can also use buttermilk.
- Do not overbeat the batter else your cupcakes will crack on top due to too much air created.
- If unsalted butter is not available, you can use salted butter as well but increase the quantity of icing sugar to cut down the salty taste.
- You can make piping bag at home also just like you make Heena cone.
- If piping nozzle is not available, simply use piping bag without nozzle to swirl buttercream icing on cupcake.
- You can mix different colors in the icing to have colorful cupcakes.