Recipe Name – Flax seed paneer paratha
Introduction – Flax seeds are rich in good fat (omega 3) and fiber. Daily intake of flax seeds helps in digestive problems, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. With so much of health benefit, it is better to include flax seeds in our daily diet. So here I am sharing healthy, quick and yummy recipe of Flax seed paneer paratha. This paratha is low in carb, high in fiber, gluten free and also keto diet friendly. This paratha is not only for diet watchers but we all can enjoy it every day. So let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- 50 gm raw flax seed (alsi) powder
- 50 gm finely grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- Salt as per taste
- Mix salt in the flax seed powder and add 80 ml hot boiling water and mix well. Within 2-3 minutes, dough will come together.
- Now mix finely grated paneer (cottage cheese) and mix well, ensure no lumps and dough should become unified.
- Let this dough cool down for 5 -6 minutes.
- Cut the dough in two equal pieces. Now take butter paper or parchment paper to roll the dough to make paratha. Do watch my recipe video to understand the process.
- Do not roll the paratha too thin or too thick, keep thickness medium approx. quarter of an inch.
- Put the nonstick pan/tawa on gas, let it come to medium heat, lightly grease the pan and invert paratha on it to cook.
- Let it cook for approx. 2 min on medium heat and then flip it to cook on another side. Keep on pressing paratha lightly to ensure it is cooked properly.
- Our healthy flax seed paneer paratha is ready to be served.
- You can serve it with hung curd dip, salad or any side dish of your choice.
- Flax seed readymade meal is available in the market however I would suggest to make it at home. Just take raw flax seed and grind them in the mixer grinder.
- Ensure to grate cottage cheese (paneer) finely as it will help to mix it well with the flax seed dough. If paneer is not grated finely, there will be lumps in the dough and your paratha may break while rolling.
- Always use butter paper to roll your flax seed paratha as this dough is little sticky to roll without butter paper.