Recipe Name – Fusion Chicken Curry ~ flavorful, finger licking fusion of Indian spices & Chinese sauces
Introduction – This fusion chicken curry is the perfect combination of Indian spices & Chinese sauces. This curry is so flavorful that your taste buds will ask for more again and again.
What all do we need?
- 1 & ½ kg chicken
- 200 gm thinly sliced onion
- 300 gm chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (indian spice mix)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder (for color)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Chopped green coriander
- 3-4 green chilies
- Bay leaf (tez patta)
To marinate the chicken~
- 1 tablespoon schezwan chutney
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon green chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Use half of the ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Clean the chicken pieces properly and let water rinse out completely before marinating
- Prick the chicken pieces using fork and marinate using mentioned ingredients for marination. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or for maximum 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in the kadhai (cooking pan), add cumin seeds, bay leaf, onion, remaining ginger & garlic paste. Fry till onions are nicely done.
- Now add marinated chicken and fry on high heat till chicken is white in color.
- It’s time to add tomatoes, dry spices, green chilies and salt. Let chicken cook on high heat till tomatoes leave water and you see oil on top of chicken.
- Now add ½ tablespoon schezwan chutney, ½ tablespoon green chili sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 cup water in the chicken and mix well.
- Moment water starts boiling, cover the lid of the kadhai and cook chicken on medium high flame for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove the lid and let chicken cook on high flame so that water of the curry can be reduced. You can maintain the consistency of the curry as per your preference.
- If you want to have this fusion chicken with paratha or roti (bread), reduce water to have thick consistency or else maintain little thin consistency if you want to enjoy it with boiled rice.
- Once your preferred curry consistency is achieved, switch off the gas and garnish chicken curry with chopped green coriander & ginger julienne.
- Serve hot with Roti, paratha or boiled rice.
- Marinating chicken is important to ensure chicken has all the fusion flavors.
- You can increase or decrease spices and sauces as per your taste preference.
- Maintain consistency of curry as per your preference. If like having chicken with rice have thin consistency else keep it thick to enjoy chicken with Roti or paratha.