Recipe Name – Gobhi 65
Gobhi 65 is the vegetarian version of famous chicken 65. This tasty snack cum starter is capable of becoming a star dish when served in the parties, small get together or as a teatime snacks for the family/friends. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s learn to make this simple yet extraordinary recipe today.
What all do we need?
- 300 gm Cauliflower florets
- 4 tablespoon refined flour
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chili
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon chat masala
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Red chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Chopped green coriander
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of red food color (optional)
- Oil to fry
- Green chili and kari leaves for garnishing
- Blanch cauliflower florets (cut into medium size) in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Strain and keep them aside.
- In the bowl, mix refined flour, corn starch, rice flour, Kashmiri chili, garam masala, coriander powder, pepper powder, red chili, salt, chat masala, ginger & garlic paste, lemon juice & chopped green coriander. Add water to make smooth medium thickness batter.
- Add blanched cauliflower florets and coat them nicely with the batter. Let them marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in the cooking pan to deep fry the marinated cauliflower florets on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes, take them out and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before 2nd
- For 2nd frying, heat the oil and fry florets for the 2nd time on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. 2nd frying will give gobhi 65 that lovely crispiness.
- Do 2nd frying just before serving gobhi 65. But beware not to burn gobhi 65.
- In the same pan, fry vertically split green chilies and Kari leaves for garnishing gobhi 65.
- Sprinkle chat masala on top and serve Gobhi 65 hot with chutney/sauce of your choice.