Recipe Name – Healthy Protein Bars | Sugar free & filling bars for anytime snacking & to keep your sugar cravings at the bay
Introduction – These healthy homemade protein bars will keep your sugar craving at the bay so that you can enjoy guilt free snacking any time. So let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- 160 gm oats
- 5 scoop of whey protein
- 15-200 gm dry roasted peanuts
- 60 gm dry roasted pumpkin seeds
- 100 gm dry roasted flax seeds
- 100 gm chopped almonds
- 100-200 gm sugar free dark chocolate compound
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol (sugar substitute) – optional
|Pumpkin seeds||60 gm||268||11||11||32||11||0|
|flax seeds||100 gm||534||42||18||28||27||1|
|dark chocolate sugar free||200 gm||1130||70||7.6||118||0||0|
- Grind your dry roasted peanuts in the mixer grinder with pinch of salt and small amount of virgin olive oil to make peanut butter.
- Grind till the time the consistency of the peanut butter is creamy. Run grinder in the interval of for 15-20 seconds and then run spoon to avoid too much heat created in the grinder.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler method (check out my video to understand the process).
- Mix oats, whey, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chopped almonds in the bowl. Add sugar substitute and then add peanut butter and mix well using hands.
- Now it’s time to add melted chocolate and again mix well. Chocolate helps in setting the protein bar so you can also use melted butter.
- After mixing everything well. Start adding water 1 spoon at a time to create dough like consistency. You can also use almond or normal milk instead of water.
- Once the protein bars dough is ready, spread it in the lined baking tray. (It is important to line your baking tray with butter and parchment paper to avoid bars sticking to the bottom.
- Level the dough evenly using hands and then use rolling pin to evenly spread the dough.
- Now keep the tray in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours for bars to set properly.
- After 2 hours, take out the tray and use sharp knife to cut the bars in the equal size.
- Using this recipe, I could make 22 bars of (L7 X W4 X H1.5) cm. You can increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per your preference.
- Healthy protein bars are ready for healthy & guilt free snaking.