Recipe Name – Homemade Bounty Chocolate Bars
Introduction – Bounty chocolate bars were first introduced in the United Kingdom and Canada and were originally coated with milk chocolate. They are loved all over the world today and are super easy to make at home. So let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- 100 gm desiccated coconut
- 125 ml condense milk
- 150 gm chocolate compound (milk chocolate)
- 25 gm powdered sugar
- Mix desiccated coconut, condense milk and powdered sugar together to create a dough. If it is sticky, mix little more coconut and powdered sugar.
- Once the dough is ready, create small bars like shape using your hands. Use little water on hands if dough is sticking.
- After bars are ready, keep them in the refrigerator to set properly. It will take approx. 30 -34 min.
- Now it’s time to melt the compound chocolate. Ensure chocolate is chopped into smaller pieces as it will be easier to melt them.
- Boil water in the container and on top of this container keep your glass bowl with chocolate. Ensure bottom of the glass bowl is not touching the boiling water as chocolate will melt from the heat of the boiling water. This method is called double boiler method.
- Soon chocolate will start melting. Once chocolate is melted completed, stir continuously to ensure no lumps and smooth consistency.
- Now take out coconut bars from refrigerator and with the help of 2 forks, coat bars in the melted chocolate completely.
- Once bars are coated evenly, keep them to set on the tray or plate lined with parchment/butter paper. Keep them in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set properly.
- When they are set, take them out and remove extra chocolate from sides using knife so that they look even and nice.
- Store bounty bars in refrigerator and consume within 7 days.
- These bounty bars are perfect for gifting purpose during festive season. All you need is to cover them in shiny paper and pack in the beautiful box.
- Instead of chocolate compound, you can also use chocolate chips.
- If dough is sticking, you can add little more coconut and powdered sugar to get dough like consistency.
- Follow double boiler method for melting chocolate but ensure chocolate bowl is not touching boiling water. Chocolate is supposed to melt from the heat of boiling water not by the direct contact.