Recipe Name – Honey chili garlic prawns
Introduction – This lip smacking recipe is full of flavors and super easy to make. Enjoy this recipe as a starter in small get together or just like that.
What all do we need?
- 250 gm cleaned and deveined prawns
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 10 garlic pods minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 chopped green chili
- 2-3 dried red chili chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped spring onion 3-4 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Green chili sauce 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 1&1/2 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- First we need to cook our prawns. I have used boiling method to cook the prawns.
- Take water in the deep vessel and let it come to the boil, add salt and prawns. Cover the lid, reduce gas to low and let prawns simmer for 3 min or maximum for 4 minute (Medium size prawns).
- After 3 min, strain prawns and immediately put them in the ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In the bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, half of chopped ginger, half of minced garlic, half of pepper powder, salt and chopped green chilies and mix well. Taste to achieve the taste as per your liking and feel free to add more of sauces.
- Take 2 tablespoon oil in the pan, when hot enough add onion, spring onion, remaining ginger and garlic and pepper powder and fry till golden brown.
- Now add honey chili garlic sauce we had prepared and prawns and mix well. Cook for another minute or 2 on high heat.
- Check salt and add more if required, throw in some more spring onions and mix well.
- Honey chili garlic prawns are ready. Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving.
- Do not overcook prawns as they will become rubbery
- As I was using medium size prawns, it took me only 3 min to boil. If size is big or small, increase or decrease time accordingly. Small size 1-2 minute, medium size 3-4 min, large size 6-7 min.
- Overcooked prawns will looks white in color whereas perfectly cooked prawns will look bright with orange color hint.