Recipe Name – Irani Black (fruit & lemon) tea
Irani black fruit & lemon tea is very famous in Mumbai. The tanginess of masala, sweetness of fruits with the hint of lemon and mouthful of soaked sabja seeds gives this tea its truly amazing & unique taste. I bet you cannot stop at one cup after you taste it. I am not too sure if this tea is an authentic Iranian tea but I guess even native Iranians would not mind having a sip of this flavorful tea. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s learn to make this simple yet amazing tea recipe.
What all do we need?
For Tea Masala
- Hajmola tablets 4-5
- Jaljeera masala 1 tablespoon
- Black salt ½ tablespoon
- Black tea leaves
- Sugar/Honey/Sugar free
- Finely chopped apple/pineapple
- Mint leaves
- Soaked Sabja (basil seeds) – 30 minutes
- First of all prepare tea masala with hajmola tablet, jaljeera powder & black salt. Crush hajmola tablets and mix well with black salt and jaljeera powder.
- Prepare black tea now, take water in the pan, let it come to the boil and then switch off the gas. Now add very little tea leaves in the water and cover the pan for tea to brew.
- Color of the tea should be pale yellow not dark so carefully add little amount of tea leaves.
- In the serving glass, drop peeled and finely chopped apple or pineapple (1 tablespoon), add soaked sabja seeds (1 tablespoon), tea masala (approx. ½ teaspoon), sugar or honey or sugar free (as per taste preference), crushed mint leaves & lemon juice. Pour brewed tea on top, mix well for sugar and masala to get dissolved.
- Irani black fruit & lemon tea is ready to be served. Serve hot with mint leaf on top.
- Color of this tea is very important, do not add too much of tea leaves as the color will become dark whereas we need pale yellow color. ¼ tea spoon for 2 small serving glasses should be enough.
- You can add any fruit of your choice instead of apple or pineapple.
- Soak sabja seeds 30 minutes in advance.
- You can adjust taste of masala as per your taste.
- You can store tea masala in air tight container for anytime use.
- Sabja seeds are already very healthy and by adding sugar free, even calorie conscious people can enjoy this tea without guilt.