Recipe Name – Khajur & dry fruit barfi
Khajur & dry fruit barfi also known as khajur roll, khajur pak, khajur katli is very famous sweet. This mithai is an instant hit not only due to its delectable taste but for its health benefits as well. It is considered healthy as Khajur barfi is all natural with zero processed sugar.
So this festive season try this easy yet super hit recipe and enjoy with friends and family.
What all do we need?
- Deseeded dates 200 gm
- Chopped almonds 70-80 gm
- Chopped cashew nuts 70-80 gm
- Chopped pistachios 15-20 gm
- 2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Poppy seeds 80-100 gm
- Dry roast poppy seeds on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in the pan and roast all chopped almonds, cashews and little pistachios. Remaining pistachios will be used for decorating the barfi.
- Roast dry fruits on low flame for 3-4 minutes. This will not only give nice flavor but will also help reduce moisture from the dry fruits.
- Grind deseeded dates (without water) in the mixer grinder. Sticky dates paste will be ready. Do not worry if few chunks of dates are still there.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon ghee in the pan and fry dates paste for minute or two and then add roasted dry fruits and 1 tablespoon of roasted poppy seeds. Mix everything really well & fry for 2 more minutes.
- Dates paste and dry fruits should come together like a uniform dough.
- Remove this dough from the flame and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Now grease your hand palms with ghee and make a log of this dough.
- Sprinkle pistachios and poppy seeds on the clean & greased surface and roll dates & dry fruits logs on it for pistachios and poppy seeds to stick on it.
- Now take a butter or parchment paper and roll the khajur barfi log carefully in it. And then roll it in the aluminum foil.
- Keep barfi log in the fridge for 3-4 hours for barfi to set properly.
- After 3-4 hours, cut 1 cm thick pieces using sharp knife.
- Khajur & dry fruits barfi is ready to be served. Store in the refrigerator and consume for upto 2 weeks.