Recipe Name – Mango upside-down cake
Introduction – One of the most loved fruit in summer season is definitely mango. .Mango upside down cake is the delicious twist to the traditional pineapple upside down cake recipe and you must try this recipe if you also love eating mangoes.
What all do you need?
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg York only
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (caster)
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 big mangoes (sliced long in ¼ an inch )
- 9 inch cake tin
Method - For caramel
- Take sugar in the pan, add water and keep the flame on low. Let sugar melt slowly to get the nice golden color of caramel.
- Do not use too much spoon and swirl the pan.
- Once caramel is ready, immediately pour it in the cake pan and ensure cake bottom is covered completely.
Method – Cake
- Preheat your microwave oven on 180 degree Celsius.
- Take a bowl and mash ripe banana well.
- Mix 1 whole egg and egg York, oil, buttermilk, apple juice and vanilla essence in the mashed banana and mix well.
- Now sieve dry ingredients (refined flour/salt/sugar/baking powder) in a different bowl and mix well.
- Now add dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix well to ensure no lumps. Your cake batter is ready.
- Place mango slices on top of caramel and ensure they are placed neatly & close enough.
- Now pour cake batter on top of mango slices in the cake pan.
- Bake your cake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
- Once cake is baked, carefully turn it over (upside down) on cake board or plate to see beautiful art of mango slices.
- Cake is ready to be served with tea or coffee. Enjoy this gorgeous cake with friends and family.
- If you feel caramel is little sticky on the cake tin bottom, you can keep your cake pan on gas for 30 seconds to loosen up the caramel. This will help you turn over your cake easily.
- Always make your caramel on low flame else caramel can burn and will become bitter in taste.
- Only use sweet and good quality mangoes for this cake.