Recipe Name – Murg (Chicken) Malai Tikka without oven
Murg Malai Tikka is very popular starter dish from Indian subcontinent. Chicken pieces marinated in yogurt, cream and spices gives this dish a very distinct flavor. This chicken recipe is very subtle in spices but the creaminess of chicken combined with the smoky flavor takes it to the another level of taste. This dish can surely give you the foodgasm. So, lets learn to make it today.
What all do we need?
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 150 gm fresh cream
- 100 gm thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 & ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 & ½ teaspoon Chat masala
- 40-50 gm butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Handful of green coriander
- 2-3 green chilies
- 10-12 skinless almond
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek)
- Grind coriander green chilies and soaked almond into the fine paste. Do not use too much water
- Before marinating chicken, lightly tap chicken piece with heavy object to breakdown the muscles. This will help chicken to absorb the marination and will also keep it juice and tender when cooked.
- Now marinate chicken with yogurt, half of the cream, ginger garlic paste, green chili coriander and almond paste, half of the black pepper powder, half of the chat masala and salt as per taste. Mix everything really well. Massage chicken piece with the marinate. Cover and let the chicken marinate for minimum 2 hours and maximum 4-5 hours.
- Once you are done marinating the chicken, it’s time to cook it. Take a pan on the gas, add oil and half of the butter and add chicken pieces. Let chicken cook on one side for 2-3 min on medium flame and then flip the pieces on other side and again cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now use spatula to stir chicken pieces once more and then cover the pan and let the chicken cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- After 12-13 minutes, remove the lid. You will see that chicken has released the water. Dry up the water on high flame for 2-3 minutes and then switch off the gas.
- Now take a grilling rack on gas and grill chicken pieces on direct flame to get that nice smoky flavor and char marks. If you do not have grilling rack you can use tongs (chimta) to grill chicken pieces on direct heat.
- Last and final step is glazing chicken pieces with cream & butter before serving.
- Take a pan on low flame, add remaining butter & cream, remaining black pepper powder, chat masala & kasuri methi and moment you see bubbles in the cream, switch off the gas and add cooked chicken pieces and mix well. Each chicken piece should get covered in the butter & cream glaze.
- Murg (chicken) malai tikka is ready. Serve hot with onion & green chutney, sprinkle with some chat masala & garnish using chopped green coriander. These juicy, creamy succulent chicken pieces will make you lick your fingers for sure.