Recipe Name – Panini bread sandwich
Introduction – Panini or panino is an Italian bread which means small bread or bread roll. It is mostly used for making grilled sandwich. After grilling, the crispy top of panini bread makes it unique and just awesome to enjoy with any kind of filling you like. Let’s learn how to make this beautiful little bread today.
What all do we need?
- 300 gm refined flour
- 160 ml milk
- 30 gm butter
- ½ teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
For sandwich filling:
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- Cheese slices
** You can use any filling of your choice
- First of all we need to activate the yeast. Take warm milk, temperature should be between 43-46 degree Celsius.
- Add sugar and dry active yeast, mix lightly and keep it on warm place to active for 10 minutes. Once yeast is active, you see froth on top of milk.
- Add salt and melted butter in the flour, mix really well and then add milk with activated yeast and mix well.
- Now knead this dough for 10 minutes till it all comes together and become soft and silky. Use dry flour while kneading as dough will be sticky initially.
- After kneading it well for 10 min, place this dough in the oiled bowl and cover with cling foil. Keep it for 1st proofing for 1 hour.
- After 1 hours, dough should be double in size. Punch it down and knead again on lightly floured surface.
- Now weigh the dough and divined in 5 equal size balls. Roll each ball and flatten it in the shape of panini bread using rolling pin.
- Keep it on the baking tray lined with parchment paper & cover with kitchen towel for 2nd proofing for another 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat your oven on 180 degree Celsius and bake panini breads for 20-25 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
- Do not overbake panini bread as we will grill it anyways.
- After panini bread is baked nicely, take them out of oven, cover and let it cool down completely.
- Cut panini bread, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, place lettuce, tomato & cucumber slice, cheese slice and grill it in the sandwich griller or griddle (tawa) till it is nice and crispy on top.
- Cut and serve with ketchup. Enjoy crispy tasty panini bread sandwich in breakfast or whenever you like.