Recipe Name – Peanut Cookies | Melt in mouth Chinese cookies
Introduction – Peanut cookies are very famous in China and made during Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year celebrations, also known as the Spring Festival, in China start on the 23rd day of the 12th lunar month of the Chinese calendar. These cookies are very easy to make and just melt in your mouth. You must try these flavorful lovely cookies once.
What all do we need?
- 100 gm dry roasted peanuts (without skin) powder
- 100 gm refined flour
- 60-70 gm icing sugar
- 50 gm Oil (i have used sesame oil, you can use any oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoon milk for milk wash
- Dry roast peanuts in the cooking pan and then allow them to cool down.
- Once cool, take a kitchen towel and rub these peanuts in the towel to remove their skin. And then grind them in the mixer grinder to make a powder. You can also use skinless peanuts to cut down this step.
- Now it's time to prepare for the dough. Sieve icing sugar, refined flour and salt in the peanut powder and mix well. Rub using your hands to remove lumps.
- Now add oil and knead the soft dough.
- Take a baking tray and line it using oil and parchment paper.
- Now make small balls of the dough and arrange them on the baking tray.
- Decorate dough balls using peanut and then give milk wash to them. Traditionally egg Yolk is used instead of milk. Egg or milk wash is given to get that nice golden brown color on cookies
- Preheat your oven on 170 degree Celsius and bake the cookies for 15-20 min on 170 degree Celsius or until you see that nice golden brown color on top and cracks on your cookies. It should not take more than 25 min. But keep on checking your cookies after 15 min.
- Melt in mouth "Peanut Cookies" are ready. Let them cool down and then store in the air tight container.