Recipe Name – Tabbouleh Salad
Introduction – Tabbouleh is an Arabic vegetarian salad made of mostly finely chopped parsley with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. This salad is very healthy and colorful and all diet watcher can totally go for it without any guilt. So, wait no more and learn this simple yet amazing salad recipe.
What all do you need?
- Chopped cucumber - 150 gm
- Chopped tomatoes - 115 gm
- Chopped spring onions - 50 gm
- Chopped coriander/parsley - 30 gm
- Chopped mint leaves - 10 gm
- Fresh lemon juice - 2 tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil - ¼ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Bulgar wheat - 60 gm (substitute Couscous or Daliya (broken wheat)
- Chop cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, coriander or parsley, mint leaves finely. You will really have to use your knife skills here.
- Soak bulgar wheat in hot water for 30 minutes so that it is ready to mixed in the salad.
- If you are not using bulgar wheat, you can use couscous or daliya which are available easily. Read tips section for more
- After 30 minutes, use a strainer to strain bulgur wheat.
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, coriander, spring onion & soaked bulgar wheat in a bowl.
- Now add lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder and extra virgin olive oil and mix everything well.
- And Voila! our healthy, colorful, nutritious tabbouleh salad is ready to be enjoyed without guilt.
- Bulgar wheat is traditionally used in tabbouleh salad but same is not available commonly. You can order it online or can use also some amazing & easily available substitutes like Couscous or Daliya (broken wheat).
- Bulgar wheat is precooked and dried to make bulgar broken wheat but if you are using daliya available in india, you will have to first cook it and strained for using in the salad.
- This salad is very simple to make but very nutritious and filling. So you can totally go for it without any guilt.