Recipe Name – Tahini sauce
Introduction – Tahini sauce is widely used in Middle Eastern cuisine and it is very simple to make. You can call it “till (sesame seeds) ki chutney”. Let’s understand the recipe of tahini.
What all do you need?
- Sesame seeds (white) – 100 gm
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Toast sesame seeds lightly till they are light brown in color & fragrant. Eat few to understand that they toasted nicely and does not taste raw.
- Let them cool down and then grind in the mixer grinder.
- Add olive oil and salt and grind again to make a smooth paste.
- Tahini sauce is ready to be used.
- Tahini can be stored in the air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Tahini is a healthy alternative of ketchup & other sauces as sesame seeds are a good source of many different minerals, fiber and even protein.
- Tahini is used while making hummus, baba ganoush & other Middle Eastern recipes.