Recipe Name – Cajun Potatoes | Barbeque nation style | Crispy creamy appetizer
Introduction – Cajun potatoes are very easy to make appetizer recipe. It is called Cajun potatoes because we use Cajun spice mix in it. You will love this creamy crispy super easy vegetarian recipe.
What all do we need?
- 10-15 baby potatoes
- Eggless mayonnaise ½ cup
- Corn flour 1-2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped onion
- Finely chopped green chilies
- Finely chopped green coriander
- Cajun Spice mix
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder ¼ teaspoon
- Onion powder ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Dried oregano ¼ teaspoon
- Dried thyme ¼ teaspoon
- Paprika powder ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger powder ¼ teaspoon
- Kashmiri chili powder ¼ teaspoon (for color)
- Red chili flakes ¼ teaspoon
- Clean baby potatoes properly but do not peel the skin
- Power boil baby potatoes in the open vessel for 5-7 minutes till they are 90% done.
- Let the potatoes get cool down for 5-10 minutes and then press them using your palm. Do not press too much else they may break.
- Sprinkle corn flour on potatoes and ensure to coat them evenly in corn flour.
- Heat the oil in the pan to fry corn flour coated baby potatoes. Fry potatoes on high flame till they are golden brown and crispy.
- Take a bowl and mix mayonnaise with chopped onion, green chilies, green coriander and Cajun spice mix.
- Now add fried baby potatoes in the mayonnaise mixture and coat them evenly in this creamy mixture.
- Your creamy Cajun potatoes are ready to be served. Enjoy!
- Do not peal the skin of the potatoes.
- You can use ready made Cajun spice mix as well.
- Do not over boil the potatoes else they may become soggy.
- You can Increase or decrease spices and mayonnaise as per your taste preference.
- You can prepare this recipe in advance, just mix spicy mayonnaise and potatoes at the time of serving.