Recipe Name – Chicken Salami
Introduction – Salami is a type of cured sausage consisting of fermented and air-dried meat. However, in this recipe, I am going to share very easy and healthy chicken salami recipe which is preservative & starch free and rich in protein. So let’s get started.
What all do we need?
- Boneless chicken 500 gm
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chili paste 1 teaspoon
- Red chili flakes 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green coriander ¼ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Wash chicken and let it dry completely.
- Grind chicken with all other ingredients in food processor or mixed grinder.
- Do not make the dough too thick or too thin. Maintain medium consistency of the mix.
- Divide the dough in two equal parts.
- Now take a double layer of aluminum foil and roll each part of the dough like a toffee. Seal from corners carefully to ensure no leak.
- Now take water in the deep vessel and let it come to the boil.
- Once water starts boiling, drop chicken rolled in the aluminum foil and cover the lid.
- Let it get cooked for 15 minutes and then switch off the gas. Let chicken logs sit in the water for another 10 minutes.
- Take out the chicken logs and put them in the refrigerator till the time they are completely cold. It will take approx. 2-3 hours.
- Now remove the aluminum foil and cut the piece of chicken salami (quarter of an inch thick) and keep them in the zip lock bag.
- You can store this chicken salami in the deep freezer for up to 1 month.
- Your protein rich, preservative & starch free chicken salami is ready. You can consume it as cold cut, on top of your salad or just like that.
- Ensure to dry chicken completely before grinding else the dough will be very loose.
- Use thick aluminum foil only to avoid any leakage while boiling the salami.
- Let the salami cool down completely before cutting the pieces.
- You can store salami in zip lock bag in the deep freezer for up to 1 month.