Recipe Name – Dahi ke kebab
Dahi ke kebab also known as Dahi roll/Dahi ke sholey is very simple yet tasty recipe. You can have these in breakfast or can have as snacks/starters.
What all do you need?
- Hung curd – 250 gm
- Paneer (grated) – 100 gm
- Sandwich bread – you can also use normal bread but cut the hard corners
- Green Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 big size
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium size
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 2 medium size
- Green chilies (finely chopped) – 2
- Green coriander (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per your taste
- Oil – to fry
- Maida (plain flour) – 2 table spoon
- To prepare the hung curd, you will have to keep curd in strainer or cheese cloth overnight so that all water content is removed.
- Mix hung curd with grated paneer, chopped capsicum, carrot, onion, green chilies, green coriander, black pepper power & salt.
- Your filling is ready. Now it’s time to prepare bread.
- Cut the hard corner of bread using a knife or scissor. I have used sandwich bread in the recipe.
- Now flatten this bread like chapatti using a rolling pin. Apply some water to do this easily.
- Mix maida with water to prepare thick paste for sealing the bread borders after filling.
- Fill hung curd mixture in the flatten bread, apply maida paste at the border and seal the kebab properly.
- Prepare all kebabs like this. You can make approx. 7-8 kebabs using this recipe.
- Heat the oil in the pan and once oil is hot enough, put the gas on low or medium flame.
- Now start frying dahi ke kebabs till they are golden brown on the both the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Seal the corners carefully to ensure that bread cover does not crack open while frying.
- To have thick consistency of hung curd, keep it in strainer or cheese cloth for at least 10 hours.
- Do not mix hung curd filling using hands as it may become soft due to heat of hands.