Recipe Name – Dushka recipe
Dushka is a famous breakfast recipe from Bihar Jharkhand. Dushka is a fried pan cakes made using rice and lentils batter. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed in breakfast or as evening snacks. These crispy fried pan cakes are simply irresistible as you will not be able to stop at one.
What all do we need?
- Rice – 1 cup soaked
- Chana dal (split chickpeas)– ½ cup soaked
- Urad dal (split & dehusked black gram)– ¼ cup soaked
- Green chilies – 3-4
- Garlic – 3-4
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garam masala – 1 & ½ teaspoon
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Heeng (Asafetida) – ¼ teaspoon
- Chopped green coriander – ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Grind soaked, rice, chana & urad daal with green chilies, garlic & ginger. Add some water while grinding to get pourable consistency. Soak rice & lentils overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Once batter is ready, add turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, salt, heeng and chopped coriander in the batter and mix well.
- Do whisk the batter for minute or two to create the air in the batter.
- Heat oil in the pan and with the help of the spoon, pour batter in the hot oil. Do keep flame on low when you are pouring batter in the oil.
- Dushka will puff up and after 1 minutes, turn them over. Fry till golden brown on both the sides.
- Take out on the paper towel for excess oil to soak.
- Dushka’s are ready to be served with Aalo tamatar (potato & tomato curry) or chutney of your choice.
- Dushka’s can be served as breakfast or evening snacks.
Tips & tricks:
- Dushka can be deep fried or shallow fried on tawa. If you are shallow frying on tawa, add pinch of eno (fruit salt) or baking soda in the batter. This will help dushka’s to puff up nicely.