Recipe Name – “Eggless” Coconut cookies
Introduction – Coconut cookies are crispy outside and chewy inside cookies. These cookies can be made using very few simple ingredients and they are loved by every age group. Let’s follow this recipe to learn making these simply yet delicious cookies. I guarantee you will become additive of these cookies.
What all do you need?
- Refined flour (maida) – 120 gm
- Desiccated coconut (nariyal burada) – 80 gm (for cookie dough)
- Desiccated coconut (nariyal burada) – half cup (for coating cookies before baking)
- Icing sugar (confectionary sugar) – 80 gm
- Butter – 60 gm
- Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pinch of baking soda
- Milk – 4-5 tablespoon
- Beat butter and make smooth paste (ensure butter is on room temperature).
- Now mix icing sugar and beat again to make lump free smooth paste.
- Now it’s time to add desiccated coconut, refined flour, baking powder & baking soda in the butter & sugar paste.
- Mix well and start adding milk spoon wise spoon to prepare soft/smooth dough.
- Cover the dough using plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Preheat microwave oven on 150 degree Celsius
- Take out cookie dough from the refrigerator, make small balls, coat them with desiccated coconut and bake them on 150 degree Celsius for 25 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool down for at least 20-30 minutes before storing in the air tight container.
- Enjoy with friends & family.
- You can use ghee instead of butter.
- If using butter, ensure it is on room temperature so that you can beat it properly.
- While making dough, add milk spoon by spoon to ensure dough is not too wet.
- Keeping dough in the refrigerator is important so ensure to keep it at least for 30 minutes.
- These cookies can be baked in the cooker.
- Be cautious with baking soda so add just a pinch of it.
- This recipe will make approx.14-15 cookies, you can increase or decrease the ingredients accordingly.