Recipe Name – Basic “eggless” sponge cake
Introduction – Well, if you are new to baking, I suggest you to totally go for this recipe. This recipe is simple but I just simply love it because if you can perfect this, you can further improvise this receipt and can make awesome, yummy cakes. So, what are we waiting for, let’s get started!
What all do you need?
- Plain flour (maida) – 1 & ¼ cup
- Condensed milk – 200 gm
- Unsalted butter – 100 gm
- Powdered sugar – 2 table spoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 2 teaspoon
- 8 inch baking tin
- Microwave oven
- First of all, make your cake tin ready. Grease the tin with butter and line the side and bottom with parchment paper.
- Take a large bowl and first sift all dry ingredients (flour/powdered sugar/baking soda/baking power). Sifting is important so that there are no lumps.
- Now mix condensed milk, butter & vanilla essence in the dry ingredients using hand or electric beater. Ensure it is smooth but do not over beat it.
- Add hot water if cake mixture is little tight and not smooth enough. Mix again for 1 minute and now your cake mix is ready to go in the lined cake tin.
- Ensure to level your cake mix evenly using spatula or spoon with light hands.
- Pre-heat your oven on 150 degree Celsius. And once pre-heating is done, put your cake inside the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, check your cake by inserting a tooth pick or knife if it’s done. If tooth pick comes out clean, you are home J
- Let your cake cool down before removing it from the tin.
- Remove it carefully, dust some powdered sugar and your eggless sponge cake is ready to rock.
- You can serve it with tea or can have it just like that.
- Overbeating the mixture can cause dome in the middle of your cake as beating creates too much air in the cake, so avoid that.
- Powdered sugar is also called confectionary sugar and it is different from normal sugar.
- Always line your tin before starting to mix cake batter.
- Pre-heating the oven is important as it gives desired temperature to cake when it is ready to bake.
- Don’t use high temperature to fasten up the baking. Desired temperature will ensure cake is baked to the perfection without getting burnt outside yet soggy inside.
- You can normal salted butter if unsalted butter is not available easily.