Recipe Name – Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Introduction – Who says you can’t enjoy pizza when on diet? Here is the healthy recipe of cauliflower crust pizza which is easy to make and you can enjoy it guilt free.
What all do we need?
For Pizza base:
- 400 gm cauliflower florets
- 100 gm grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3-4 tablespoon raw flax seed powder
- Black pepper powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
For Pizza sauce:
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- 10-12 pods of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green/Yellow/Red capsicum
- Pickled jalapeno’s
** You can use any topping of your choice
- Grate or grind cauliflower florets using food processor. Then microwave grated cauliflower for 5 minute.
- Use kitchen towel or muslin cloth to squeeze all water content from grated cauliflower.
- Now mix grated paneer, flax seed power, salt, black pepper power and optional herbs in the cauliflower. Mix everything well to form the dough like consistency. Keep it aside to rest.
- Now start preparing pizza sauce. Slit tomatoes on top and boil them for 5 minutes in the boiling water.
- Take out tomatoes and remove their skin. Grind them to form kind of puree. Do not over grind them.
- Heat butter in the sauce pan, add garlic saute and then add chopped onion. Fry for minute or two and then add pureed tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil leave and mix well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Pizza sauce is ready.
- Time to bake our cauliflower pizza base.
- Take a pizza tray or baking tray, grease it and line it with parchment paper. Spread the cauliflower dough using hands in the tray and bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes on 180 degree Celsius or till you see that nice golden crust.
- Take it out from the oven, spread homemade pizza sauce, grated mozzarella cheese, topping of your choice and again bake for 5 more minutes on 180 degree for just cheese to melt.
- Healthy cauliflower crust pizza is ready. Enjoy guilt free.
- Ensure to squeeze water content from grated cauliflower else base will be too mushy.
- If you are unable to create dough like consistency, add more flax seed powder. Flax seed powder shall help bind it well.