Recipe Name – Moist Butter Cake
Introduction – Butter cake is a tea time cake which can be enjoyed with the hot cup of tea/coffee during breakfast or evening tea. This cake is easy to make and enjoyed by all age groups.
What all do you need?
- Butter – 250 gm
- Caster sugar – 200 gm
- Eggs – 5
- Refined flour – 230 gm
- Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Milk – 50 gm
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Baking tin – 7X7 square tin (You can also use round tin)
- Line cake tin with butter & parchment paper.
- Sift refined flour & baking powder together.
- Beat butter & sugar together till mixture is white & fluffy. This will take approx.15 min.
- Once butter & sugar is beaten well together, start mixing egg one by one and keep on beating on low speed.
- Once all eggs are mixed, start adding dry ingredients (flour & baking powder) 1 spoon at a time and keep on beating on low speed.
- Lastly add milk & vanilla essence and beat the batter for another 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat microwave oven on 160 degree.
- Once cake batter is ready, transfer it in the baking tin slowly and tap 2-3 times before putting it in the microwave oven.
- Bake the cake for 60 minutes on 160 degree. Do check the cake by inserting the tooth pick and if it comes out clean, you are home.
- Let your cake cool down completely before demolding it & enjoy with tea/coffee.
- Beating sugar & butter well is very crucial step. Please do not take any short cut here else cake will become dense in texture.
- Dry ingredients should be added one spoon at a time.
- Don’t forget to line the cake tin with butter & parchment paper.
- Do not keep this cake in the refrigerator as this will make this cake hard to eat. Rather keep it in the air tight container and you can enjoy it for 7 days.