Recipe Name – Orange & lemon Bundt cake ~ Sweetness of oranges, Tanginess of lemons. Match made in heaven
Introduction – Winter season is blessed with citrus fruits and my personal favorite is sweet orange but no one can deny the love for tangy lemons as well. I wanted to use the best of both, sweetness of oranges and tanginess of lemons. So here i am with this flavorful Orange & lemon Bundt cake recipe with orange & lemon syrup & orange & lemon glaze on top. Trust me, taste of this cake will make you ask for more. This heavenly recipe is a must try!
What all do we need?
- 280 gm refined flour
- 400 gm caster sugar
- 225 unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 4-5 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 inch bundt pan or 9 inch round cake pan
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange+lemon juice (50-50)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange+lemon juice (50-50)
- First beat room temperature butter using electric beater and then start adding caster sugar in small portions and keep on beating (on medium speed) till the time sugar & butter mixture is light and fluffy. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add orange zest and 1 egg at a time and beat on medium speed.
- After incorporating all eggs, add sifted refined flour & baking powder in small portions and fold it in the mixture.
- After folding all flour, beat using electric beater for maximum 30 seconds. This will ensure that the batter is properly mixed and unified.
- Grease your Bundt pan properly using butter & dust with refined flour. If you are using round pan, grease it and use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer batter in the pan and level properly.
- Preheat your microwave oven on 160 degree Celsius and bake your cake for 50 min to 1 hour on 160 degree Celsius. Do check your cake after 45 min by inserting a tooth pick, if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- After you remove your cake from the oven, it’s time to prepare for the syrup.
- Take a pan on the gas, add sugar & juice and let it come to the boil. Remove from the heat and ensure sugar is melted completely.
- Now poke holes on the bottom of the cake & pour your syrup on the hot cake. Cake will soak all the syrup by the time it is completely cool.
- When cake is completely cool, demold it from the pan. If sticking due to syrup, keep it in the hot water for 10-15 and you will be able to demold it easily.
- To prepare glaze, mix 2 tablespoon juice in the icing sugar and mix well to make lump free pourable glaze.
- Decorate your (cool) cake using this glaze and orange zest.
- Cake is ready to be served. You can store this cake on room temperature.
- You can use 9 inch pan if you do not have bundt pan.
- If your cake sticks in the pan due to syrup, keep it in the hot water for 10-15 min and you will be able to demold easily.
- Always glaze your cake once it is completely cool else your glaze will melt.