Recipe Name – Peshawari Mutton Kadhai
Introduction – Peshawari mutton kadhai is a one pot dish. This recipe is super quick and very simple to make with easily available ingredients. This hearty aromatic recipe of mutton is a must try.
What all do we need?
- 1.5 kg mutton
- 4 onion chopped
- 6 tomatoes cut into cube size
- 3 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped ginger
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 & ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder (for color)
- ½ tablespoon jeera powder
- 1 7 ½ tablespoon kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek)
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds
- 150 gm cud
- Chopped green coriander & mint leaves
- Salt (as per taste)
- 3-4 green chilies
- ½ cup oil
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add fennel seeds to crackle.
- Now add ginger and garlic, sauté for few seconds and then add chopped onion and fry for a minute or two and then add mutton and mix well.
- Now add tomatoes, dried spices and mix well again.
- Now it’s time to add curd, chopped coriander & mint leaves along with salt.
- Mix everything really well. If required, add little water and cover the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for 5-6 whistles to come and switch off the gas. Do not open cooker immediately, wait for approx. 15 to 20 minutes.
- When you open the cooker, taste for salt and spices. Add more if required.
- Your one pot Peshawari mutton kadhai is ready to be served with Rumali roti or normal roti.