Recipe Name – Greek Chickpeas Salad
Introduction – Greek chickpeas salad is very healthy and filling option which will keep you full for the longer period and will keep your craving at bay. So do try this colorful salad.
What all do we need?
- 100 gm overnight soaked and cooked chickpeas
- 10 gm cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 200 gm red, green & yellow bell peppers
- 100 gm finely chopped cucumber
- 50 gm thinly sliced onion
- 25 gm green olives (cut in half)
- 2-3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 100 gm feta cheese or cottage cheese soaked in salted water for 2-3 hours
- ¼ cup chopped green coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 small minced garlic
- Dried oregano & parsley (optional)
- Pressure cook chickpeas, on high flame give 1 whistle only. We do not want chickpeas to be over cooked.
- Let chickpeas cool down before you start making salad.
- Once chickpeas are cooled, add cherry tomatoes (cut in half), red/green/yellow bell pepper (cut into small equal size pieces),chopped cucumber, thinly sliced onion, olives and crumbled feta cheese. Sprinkle salt as per your taste & mix all of these ingredients really well.
- Now prepare your salad dressing. Mix extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper powder, minced garlic & chopped green coriander together and mix them really well. Salad dressing is ready.
- Add salad dressing in the salad and give it a good mix.
- Check for salt & lemon juice and adjust accordingly. Sprinkle olive oil on top and your Greek chickpeas salad is ready to be served.
- Do not overcook chickpeas else salad will become soggy.
- Do not peel cucumber as it gives very nice crunch to the salad.
- If you do not have feta cheese, you can soak cottage cheese in salt water over night or for at least for 2-3 hours and can use the same. That’s how feta cheese is prepared.