Recipe Name – Aam Panna ~ Refreshing Raw Mango drink
Aam panna is an Indian drink made using raw mangoes and it is consumed during summer season. Due to its nutritional & cooling properties, it helps in fighting against the intense summer heat. This sweet and sour , refreshing drink is super easy to make so this summer instead of consuming artificial drinks, try Aam Panna and beat the heat.
What all do we need?
- 250 gm raw mango
- 500 sugar
- 20 gm mint leaves
- 1 cup water for sugar syrup
- 1 tablespoon black salt
- 1/2 tablespoon table salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon roasted jeera (cumin) powder
- Peel, wash and chop raw mangoes and then Boil with half a cup of water for 8 min on medium heat until soft and mushy.
- Once mangoes is soft and mushy, switch off the gas and let it cool down.
- Once cool, grind cooked mangoes in the mixer grinder with mint leaves, black & white salt, pepper, cardamom and jeera powder. Do not add water.
- When mango chutney is ready, keep it aside and prepare for sugar syrup.
- In the pan, add sugar and 1 cup of water and let it come to the boil. Ensure sugar is completely dissolved. Switch off the gas as we do not want thick sugar syrup.
- Add mango chutney in the sugar syrup and again switch on the gas flame to medium. Mix everything really well and let this concentrate become thicker.
- Once thick enough, remove from the heat and strain to remove any lumps.
- Aam panna concentrate is ready. Let it cool down before storing in the glass jar or bottle.
- You can store aam panna concentrate for upto 2 months in the refrigerator.
- For making aam panna drink, pour concentrate in the glass, add chilled water, lemon juice and ice cubes. Mix everything well, garnish with mint leave before serving.
- Refreshing raw mango drink is ready. Enjoy with friends and family and beat the heat.