Recipe Name – Korean Crispy Fried Chicken Wings
Korean fried chicken recipe is the best recipe to get super crispy and crunchy fried chicken. The kind of crunch you get with this recipe is unmatched and the coating of sweet and spicy sauce takes it to the next level all together. All in all, this recipe is so flavorful that just bite can give you foodgasm. I personally love this recipe and strongly recommend you try it once to understand the magic. So, let’s learn to make this recipe today.
What all do we need?
- Chicken wings 300-350 gm (Approx 5 pieces)
- Buttermilk 1 to 1 &1/2 cup
- Corn starch 50 gm
- Salt 1 & ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Oil to deep fry chicken
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Roasted Peanuts ¼ cup
- Chopped garlic 2 tablespoon
- Chopped dried red chili 4-5
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoon
- Honey 1 & ½ tablespoon
- Green chili sauce 1 tablespoon
- White vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar 1 tablespoon
- White sesame seeds & spring onion for garnishing
- First of all, soak chicken wings in the butter milk for minimum 30 minutes or maximum 1 hour. This step will help chicken to remain juicy even after frying.
- Mix corn starch, salt and black pepper and coat buttermilk soaked chicken wings with it. Ensure to coat properly.
- Heat the oil in the deep cooking pot for frying coated chicken wings. Oil temperature should be between 160-170 degree.
- Fry chicken wings for exactly 12 minutes on high heat. Lower down the flame after 6 minutes if you see chicken pieces getting brown faster.
- After 12 minutes, take out the chicken on kitchen paper towel and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, again heat the oil and fry chicken for the 2nd time for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Double frying is the key of crispy crunchy chicken.
- After chicken is fried nicely, time to prepare the sauce.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in the pan, add chopped garlic and dried red chilies and saute. Add soy sauce, green chili sauce, vinegar & honey and let the sauce bubble a bit. Then add brown sugar for that extra shine.
- Sauce should not be too thick as it will be difficult to coat chicken with it.
- Now add roasted peanuts and fried chickens wings and ensure to coat each chicken wings with the sauce properly.
- Korean super crispy fried chicken wings are ready to be served. Garnish with white sesame seeds and spring onion before serving.
Tips & tricks:
- Double frying is the key to the get super crispy and crunch fried chicken.
- Instead of corn starch, you can also use potato starch.
- Do add little bit of salt in the sauce if needed.
- During the first frying, if chicken is getting darker soon, lower down the flame little bit but fry for exactly 12 minutes.
- 2nd frying helps to further reduce the moisture and helps make chicken super crispy and crunchy. Fry on medium heat for 3-4 minute or till you see that nice golden brown color.
- If you like more sauce, you can increase the quantity of sauce for coating fried chicken.